Intersect offers researchers a range of research tools/applications. Some tools have been developed by Intersect while others are commercial or open source tools. Some of the research tools Intersect has experience in are:
- Omeka – an open source Content Management System suitable for rich collections of data and images
- LimeSurvey – a tool to quickly create intuitive, powerful, online question-and-answer surveys
- MATLAB® – a powerful tool for numerical computation, visualization, and programming
- Alveo – a virtual laboratory of tools for searching, analysing and annotating natural language datasets
- CSIRO Workspace – a powerful software platform for sharing scientific workflows in one coherent, simple environment
- RStudio – a free, powerful tool for statistical computing and graphics.