- Established in 2008 by five founding organisations; today there are 16 members.
- Not-for-profit company limited by membership guarantee.
- Constituted by its members: universities and research institutions.
- Funded through member subscriptions and income from service consumption.
- Originated in NSW, now operating in four states for national benefit.
- Supported by Commonwealth and NSW State government investments.
- Strategic partnerships with the ARDC, AARNet, AAF and NCI.
- NSW node operator for the national RDS and Nectar NCRIS infrastructure projects.
- Member of AeRO and Research Australia.