Data. It surrounds us. It educates us. It changes us. Above all, it grows fast, really fast. Changes in the technology ecosystem are revolutionising the data landscape. Research data proliferation is challenging researchers across all fields of expertise.
Live open and prosper
Our Data.intersect.org.au team has an extensive experience in data management, sharing, protection, processing and analysis with workhorse technology to simplify and accelerate your research. Intersect can help you get more from your data.
Research data is our business
Research data is at the heart of Intersect’s activities. Our activities revolve aroun data. We can help you create, collaborate and curate the data you need. Your organisation’s membership makes it easy for researchers to access our data products and services.
Data solutions for all researchers
Intersect can help answer data questions and solve data problems across all research domains. We train researchers in research data management, data cleansing, data visualisation and more. Our data platforms and services provide ready-to-use tools for researchers to analyse, compute and reuse research data and increase productivity.
Accelerate your Research Outputs Using our Expertise
Whether for science or humanities research, data needs to be collected and managed during the research lifecycle. Accelerated research outputs require optimising the value of your data. Intersect adds value at every stage of the research data lifecycle. Intersect provides an array of products and services, including:
Create / Store Data
- Intersect eResearch Analysts can help prepare and advise on data management plans, strategies and solutions.
- We offer SpaceShuttle and DeepSpace to store your active and archival research data.
- Intersect SpaceShuttle enables automatic upload of data from instruments or other sources.
- We build specialised tools to capture and package research data.
- Learn more about our consultancy and software engineering services at: energy.intersect.org.au
Process / Analyse Data
- Time.intersect.org.au spans a range of cloud computing platforms:
- The NeCTAR Research Cloud provides small to medium-sized Virtual Machines (VMs).
- Intersect OwnTime provides larger VMs for more compute-intensive applications.
- Intersect SpaceLab links Space storage and Time compute to provide powerful platforms for tailored research applications.
- We offer High Performance Computing services for high-end research computing utilising parallel processing.
- Learn more about our computing products at: time.intersect.org.au
Collaborate / Re-use Data
- SpaceShuttle allows you to share data with researchers around the corner, within the country or across oceans.
- SpaceLab allows you to share your software applications and data using customer URLs.
- DeepSpace allows you to nominate who can download and reuse your completed datasets.
- Learn more about our Space storage solutions at: space.intersect.org.au
Training on Data
- Our training programs offer courses to help you manage your data more effectively, including: Research Data Management Techniques; Excel for Researchers; Data Visualisation; Cleaning & Exploring Data; Powerful Text Analysis with Regexes; High-Performance Computing Courses (Beginner to Advanced levels) and Software Carpentry Workshops.
- Learn more about our training courses for researchers here
Data as a Service
Intersect and other State-based eResearch organisations are driving a suite of national projects that help support the increasingly collaborative nature of Australian research. We provide research domain data platforms, services and expertise across a range of disciplines.
Medical & Health Data Platforms
Life Sciences Data Platforms
Imaging Publishing Data Platforms
Culture & Communities Data Platforms
“We have a number of large sized and growing data collections at NeuRA that form part of national or international collaborative projects. Storage of this data with Intersect greatly facilitates sharing of this data with existing collaborators. By promoting the availability of such stored data, we anticipate that additional requests for data sharing would be more frequent and we would value the opportunities that this greater accessibility would create”. Professor Peter Schofield, Executive Director and CEO NeuRA – Neuroscience Research Australia
15 of 35 products
The Twitter Capture and Analysis Toolset (TCAT), developed by the University of Amsterdam’s Digital Methods Initiative, is an open-source application for the capture...
LimeSurvey is a tool to quickly create intuitive, powerful, online question-and-answer surveys.
Providing full ongoing application hosting services for software developed by Intersect and third parties
An automated data capture design pattern and toolkit created by Intersect to implement robust, fault-tolerant solutions for research projects.
Enabling curators to securely receive data from submitters simply through email.
Data Transfer as a Service that allows you to move large data payloads into or out of your data centre where other means...
RStudio is a free, powerful tool for statistical computing and graphics.
CSIRO Workspace is a powerful software platform for sharing scientific workflows in one coherent, simple environment
Alveo is a virtual laboratory of tools for searching, analysing and annotating natural language datasets.
MATLAB® is a powerful tool for numerical computation, visualization, and programming
Omeka provides open-source web publishing platforms for sharing digital collections and creating media-rich online exhibits.
The Twitter Scraper is a tool developed by Intersect for use in collecting data directly from Twitter, based on a variety of parameters,...
Launchpod is a tool to deploy virtual machines (VMs) on the NeCTAR Research Cloud with one of a number of preconfigured research-based software applications.