About this course
R is quickly gaining popularity as a programming language of choice for researchers. It has an excellent ecosystem including the powerful RStudio development environment.
But getting started with R can be challenging, particularly if you’ve never programmed before. That’s where this introductory course comes in.
Join us for a live coding workshop where we write programs that produce results, using the researcher-focused training modules from the highly regarded Data Carpentry.
- Basic syntax and data types in R
- RStudio interface
- How to import CSV files into R
- The structure of data frames
- A brief introduction to data wrangling and data transformation
- How to calculate summary statistics
- A brief introduction to visualise data
No prior experience with programming needed to attend this course.
We strongly recommend attending the Start Coding without Hesitation: Programming Languages Showdown and Thinking like a computer: The Fundamentals of Programming webinars. Recordings of previously delivered webinars can be found here.