About this course
MATLAB is an incredibly powerful programming environment with a rich set of analysis toolkits. But what if you’re just getting started – with MATLAB and, more generally, with programming?
Nothing beats a hands-on, face-to-face training session to get you past the inevitable syntax errors!
So join us for this live coding workshop where we write programs that produce results, using the researcher-focused training modules from the highly regarded Software Carpentry Foundation.
- Introduction to the MATLAB interface for programming
- Basic syntax and data types in MATLAB
- How to load external data into MATLAB
- Creating functions (FUNCTIONS)
- Repeating actions and analysing multiple data sets (LOOPS)
- Making choices (IF STATEMENTS – CONDITIONALS)
- Ways to visualise data in MATLAB
No prior experience with programming needed to attend this course.
We strongly recommend attending the Start Coding without Hesitation: Programming Languages Showdown and Thinking like a computer: The Fundamentals of Programming webinars. Recordings of previously delivered webinars can be found here.