About this course
R has become a popular programming language for statisticians, data scientists and researchers. It has an excellent ecosystem including the powerful RStudio and the Shiny web application framework.
The primary goal of this workshop is to familiarise you with basic statistical concepts in R from reading in and manipulating data, checking assumptions, statistical tests and visualisations. This is not an advanced statistics course, but is instead designed to gently introduce you to statistical comparisons and hypothesis testing in R.
- Read in and manipulate data
- Check assumptions of t tests
- Perform one-sample t tests
- Perform two-sample t tests:
- Perform nonparametric t tests:
- One-sample Wilcoxon Signed Rank test
- Independent-samples Mann-Whitney U test
This course assumes familiarity with R and RStudio. You should have a good understanding of R syntax and basic programming concepts. Please consider attending Intersect’s following courses to get up to speed:
Target Audience and Expectation
Copyright © 2021 Intersect Australia Ltd. All rights reserved.