About this course
Do you have messy data from multiple inconsistent sources, or open-responses to questionnaires? Do you want to improve the quality of your data by refining it and using the power of the internet?
Open Refine is the perfect partner to Excel. It is a powerful, free tool for exploring, normalising and cleaning datasets, and extending data by accessing the internet through APIs. In this course we’ll work through the various features of Refine, including importing data, faceting, clustering, and calling remote APIs, by working on a fictional but plausible humanities research project.
- Download, install and run Open Refine
- Import data from csv, text or online sources and create projects
- Navigate data using the Open Refine interface
- Explore data by using facets
- Clean data using clustering
- Parse data using GREL syntax
- Extend data using Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Export project for use in other applications
The course has no prerequisites.
Copyright © 2021 Intersect Australia Ltd. All rights reserved.