LocalTime solutions leverage existing capabilities and expertise. They allow Local IT people to focus on the contents of their organisation’s virtual machine images and managing their execution. Leverage of Intersect shared infrastructure and skills reduce both initial setup time and ongoing management effort.
Local eResearch support people are able to concentrate resources on researcher requirements, research project workflows, and data pipeline management. Training costs are reduced through use of a standard platform that researchers are already familiar with.
Intersect provides second level remote support services for all core software. This includes:
- Escalation and management of incidents and problems that cannot be resolved by Local IT first level support.
- Management of the Openstack Platform including cell and zone configuration.
- Configuring, patching, upgrading, and troubleshooting of the OpenStack Platform, including security incident response.
- Configuring, patching, upgrading and troubleshooting the host operating systems
- Access to Nectar supported virtual machine images
- Access to Launchpod deployment service
- Monthly usage accounting and dissection
- Add or remove compute nodes (hardware changes must be prescheduled)
Optional services can be negotiated on top of standard LocalTime subscription fees:
- Local Cinder Volume, Swift Object Storage and Space.intersect.org.au services are extremely site-specific and must be negotiated individually.
- Training services are available through Learn.intersect.org.au courseware and trainers, generally requiring tailoring to organisational preferences.
The following services are generally excluded from LocalTime as they are typically performed by Local IT, however Energy.intersect.org.au consulting services are available and negotiable depending on organisational requirements:
- Hands-on deployment, management or maintenance of locally owned hardware,
- Hands-on deployment, management or maintenance of virtual machine instances and Guest operating systems.
- Hands-on deployment, management, configuration and maintenance of end-user Nectar tools and virtual laboratories.
- Managing and maintaining Nectar Community unsupported virtual machine images.
- Customization or modification of OpenStack software packages to site-specific needs.
- Installation and support of non-standard software like drivers, hypervisors, host OSes that do not form part of the Nectar or OwnTime supported platforms.