Shazam is an automated research data capture system created by Intersect to implement robust, fault-tolerant solutions for research projects. The design pattern and associated scriptable software is entirely adaptable across many different platforms. Shazam client components are designed to run within an individual institution’s infrastructure, or remotely on-site at the point of data collection.
Automated Research Data Pipeline Shazam!
Why use SHAZAM!?
Researchers increasingly use on and off-campus instruments to capture large quantities of research data. Data movement from instrument to analysis environment is manual, ad-hoc, error prone and time consuming. SHAZAM is a solution to this problem, providing modular data movement, that reduces the administrative overhead significantly.
SHAZAM! is an automated, fault-tolerant, configurable and scalable bottomless data capture system.
SHAZAM! reduces manual steps, maximises throughput and autonomously maintains file and collection integrity at every curation stage.
SHAZAM! Clients can be co-located closer to data sources to further mitigate acquisition risks.
What does SHAZAM! deliver?
- Automated data capture
- Seamless, fast and reliable data transfer
- Access to scalable active and archival data storage
- Clients that can run anywhere
- Move large data sets
- Data validation, and creation of manifests
- Multiple use case via configuration
- Source cleansing to manage remote data sizes
- Data integrity processes like two phase commit to ensure data integrity
Who is SHAZAM! for?
SHAZAM! can be used by researchers looking to capture large quantities of data, university IT services, data managers, distributed research teams and anyone interested in implementing a robust data capture system.
What is SHAZAM Plus?
SHAZAM Plus provides access to a number of tools in an extended management framework. Features include:
- Configurable list of Data Upload Points.
- Monitoring and configurable notifications for Data Upload points (Collectors).
- Live upload statistics.
- Data Upload Point health indicators, such as the amount of disk storage used / free.
What charges are involved?
Pricing varies according to the complexity and nature of the target system. Please get in touch and we’ll work through your needs together.