Energy: Engineering Services
Our team of project managers, business analysts, software engineers, user-interface designers and testers work with clients to deliver research-focused software projects, with an excellent track record of over 100 software engineering projects successfully delivered since 2008. We specialise in building research applications across a range of disciplines using Agile project management methods and cater for both large and small projects. Intersect builds new research software applications and also reuses existing applications where possible.
The following capabilities are available:
- business analysis
- software development
- software testing
- user-interface design
- project management.
POSSUM V2 project begins
The POSSUM app keeps collecting data when offline, syncing with a central database when back in wifi range.
POSSUM is a tablet and web based project in the health and medical research space. POSSUM stands for Precise Observational System for the Safe Use of Medications. After successful deployment of POSSUM Version1 in 2014 the research team is using Intersect to complete Version2.
The POSSUM study aims to:
- adapt and test an observational method for measuring medication administration errors suitable for use in Australian hospitals.
- compare the type, rates and severity of medication administration error rates before and after various interventions.
- assess whether interruptions and multi-tasking impact on medication administration errors rates.
V2 will add a review application used by a ‘Reviewer’ to compare the observer’s record of drug administration with what was on the medical record and to clarify errors that may have occurred.
POSSUM is being developed for Macquarie University.
Congratulations Professor Dennis Del Favaro
Scientia Professor Dennis Del Favero will join the Australian Research Council (ARC) as the Executive Director for the Humanities and Creative Arts, (effective mid August).
Currently Director of UNSW’s iCinema Centre for Interactive Cinema Research, and Deputy-Director of the UNSW’s Art and Design’s National Institute for Experimental Arts, Professor Del Favero is also an acclaimed artist and former ARC Australian Professorial Fellow. More: http://arc.gov.au/media/releases/media_18June15.html
If you are using Intersect-provided HPC, VMs or storage:
Reporting on Research Data Alliance Digital Humanities Outreach Efforts
30 Jul 2015
RD-Switchboard: find connections to your data
5 Aug 2015
How can universities discover their datasets or connections to works by their researchers without manually searching in Google? More at http://bit.ly/1JfI1hV
The following training courses will occur in the near future:
- 15 Jul 2015: “Data Visualisation with Google Fusion Tables” at UTS. Enrol now
- 15 Jul 2015: “Cleaning and Exploring your Data with OpenRefine” at UTS. Enrol now
- 16 Jul 2015: “Excel Fu: Excel For Researchers” at MQ. Enrol now
- 16 Jul 2015: “Cleaning and Exploring your Data with OpenRefine” at MQ. Enrol now
- 20 Jul 2015: “Excel Fu: Excel For Researchers” at UTS. Enrol now
- 21 Jul 2015: “Excel Fu: Excel For Researchers” at UTS. Enrol now
- 22 Jul 2015: “Cleaning and Exploring your Data with OpenRefine” at UTS. Enrol now
- 22 Jul 2015: “Data Visualisation with Google Fusion Tables” at UTS. Enrol now
- 27 Jul 2015: “Introduction to Unix for HPC” at UoN. Enrol now
- 13 Aug 2015: “Excel Fu: Excel For Researchers” at UWS. Enrol now
- 22 Sep 2015: “Excel Fu: Excel For Researchers” at UoN. Enrol now
- 23 Sep 2015: “Cleaning and Exploring your Data with Open Refine” at UoN. Enrol now
- 23 Sep 2015: “Data Visualisation with Google Fusion Tables” at UoN. Enrol now