You are here
eResearch Analyst - Western Sydney University
Intersect is an important part of Australia's research infrastructure. We provide robust, innovative and collaborative technology to support world-class research at member universities and other organisations. Intersect delivers a range of services to support research activities including expert consultation and training programs, data services, storage and compute platforms, and custom software engineering.
The eResearch Analyst works closely with Western Sydney University to complement their local eResearch capability. The primary responsibilities of the eResearch Analyst are to provide advice to researchers on effective eResearch solutions for their circumstances, gather requirements from the research community, help guide the development and deployment of relevant eResearch services, and increase the visibility and acceptance of eResearch best practice.
- Act as the main contact for Intersect at Western Sydney University.
- Provide advice to university research staff on matters relating to eResearch.
- Assist Western Sydney University and individual researchers to effectively use Intersect's services/resources.
- Assist Western Sydney University to gain value from national eResearch framework programs as appropriate.
- Carry out consultancy and project management activities as required.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline.
- Knowledge of/experience in contemporary research practice.
- Ability to liaise with, understand and manage the needs of various stakeholder groups in a university context.
- Ability to analyse eResearch requirements (including technical requirements) and develop solutions within an academic research environment.
- Self organisational and time management skills.
This role will be based at the Werrington South campus of Western Sydney University with some travel required to other campuses plus occasional interstate travel.
To apply for this role, send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter addressing the above criteria.
Closing date Tuesday 4th April 2017.