You are here
Data Consultant - ANDS/RDS/Nectar
Full-time Fixed Term (until 30 June 2018 with possible extension) or Secondment Opportunity
The Data Consultant is responsible for maintaining and establishing partnerships, providing advice and expertise to our partners on research data, promoting information and data management within a research environment, and engaging with institutions in other ANDS/RDS/Nectar programs. This role is part of the group working on engagements and is based at Intersect Australia.
The Data Consultant works collaboratively with a range of stakeholders and data providers to assist with the integration of research data activities to ensure data collections are more Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Re-usable. Stakeholders include institutional and NCRIS partners, Libraries, Research Offices, IT, eResearch departments, Research Groups, Faculty Offices and Facilities.
- Liaise with and be a key contact point for institutions and research infrastructure organisations in New South Wales engaged in ANDS/RDS/Nectar programs and activities
- In collaboration with our partners provide specialist advice and support relating to the management of research data
- Provide expertise that supports and promotes data being Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR) for collections across a range of domains, sectors and disciplines.
- Organise, facilitate, actively participate in and provide support for ANDS/RDS/Nectar activities that help build capacity around research data
- Identify, organize and facilitate exchange in NSW amongst the research data community to grow the capability in this community
- Contribute to and actively participate in ANDS/RDS/Nectar funded projects with our partners
- Actively participate in ANDS/RDS/Nectar internal processes and activities, particularly as part of the FAIR data partnerships activities
- Collaborate with ANDS/RDS/Nectar partners to maximise new engagement opportunities
- In consultation with the Partnerships Programs Manager, co-ordinate, plan, and organise visits to ANDS/RDS/Nectar stakeholders as required
- Engage in Joint awareness and outreach activities with Intersect from time to time
Qualifications / Industry Experience / Specific Knowledge or Skills
The appointee will have:
- A degree in a relevant field with subsequent relevant experience, or
- Extensive administrative and management experience, or
- An equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and team skills across organisational and geographical boundaries
- Demonstrated ability to understand stakeholder needs, prepare professional documentation, and liaise, advise and negotiate at various levels
- Sound organisational and time management skills, including the ability to set priorities and perform well under pressure within a complex and changing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of information and data within a research environment, experience in a specific discipline e.g. Medical and Health research, Biosciences, Humanities, Social Sciences is very welcome.
- Ability to coordinate and manage a number of simultaneous projects and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge and advanced skills in resource discovery and capacity to engage with new technologies
Other Relationships & Authority
- Reports to Intersect’s Data Sciences Manager as well as to the Partnerships Program Manager at ANDS/RDS/Nectar;
- Works closely with the Intersect eResearch Analyst team;
- Liaises with internal and external stakeholders, including project managers, researchers, university and government representatives.